Our sicilian nougat “A gghjugghiuléna”
The sesame brittle is a special Christmas candy. For us it is always Christmas to have some of it! It is well worth cooking.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 people
250 g. of honey
100 g. of sugar
300 g. of sesame seeds
60 g. of toasted almonds
- Crush toasted almonds and put them aside.
- Melt sugar and honey on a low heat, add sesame seeds and mix together.
- When it starts boiling, add almonds and keep it cooking for few minutes.
- Roll it out on a dampen surface obtaining a mixture one centimeter high or less.
- Cut it into small squares or rhombuses with a wet knife (you can also set it with wet hands).
- Let it cool and it’s ready to be eaten!
Gambuzza – Origini Autentiche